Cmd.exe with command line switches


Whenever I want to check about my network status,I use to ping google.com and it has become a regular activity with my laptop to make sure of the speed of the network and connectivity strength.
All the time I pull up the RUN box use this command "cmd /c ping google.com" where "/c" switch is used to tell the Cmd.exe to execute the command line arguments passed to it.
You can alter the command line and use the "/k" switch to keep the cmd window open.

Whenever I clean my history I have to type this command in the Run window, so I thought of creating a batch file to run this command, creating a shortcut to cmd.exe which is present in \windows\system32 will be a better approach passing command line switches as parameters. Create a shortcut for cmd.exe open the properties and change the target command as needed.

Comments